Friday, June 29, 2012

Well that didn't take long

Not even a week into my new resolve; training, blogging etc. and I've already been thrown off track.  Started with really sore ankles from my exertions of the previous weekend.  I had to avoid crossfit Monday and Tuesday because double-unders and box-jumps were on the menu and there was just no way.  I rode the 'Buckhead Belly-Ache' on Tuesday night with friends and it was a lot of fun.  Wednesday had a fun crossfit workout and performed pretty well.  Swim workout Wednesday night was also good.  Then BAM!  Middle of the night I was woken up with such neck pain that I practically levitated out of my bed. 
So a chiropractor visit, many ice packs and my new favourite medicine, ibu-grigio, later I'm trying to take it easy.  I really had to force myself not to spin tonight.  It wasn't easy.  It is taking a lot of discipline to rest but I know I must.  A couple of missed workouts this week won't ruin my race; longer term injury and weeks off later will.

No comments: